Last Updated: 5/29/2018
HFZ Capital Group (HFZ) together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services.
HFZ takes its responsibility to protect the personal information provided to it seriously. This statement explains that is done. This statement explains what HFZ does with the personal information it holds, how it’s protected, and it explains your privacy rights, if any.
PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES
HFZ reserves the right to update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You should check this page from time to time to review any changes HFZ has made.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
When collecting personal information, HFZ is transparent about how it will be used.
How information is collected:
- through our website or the website of our affiliates - for example names, addresses or email details.
- from meetings with staff or business contacts, such as exchanging business cards, or collecting information at conferences or business events.
- that you provide to us in connection with the services we provide.
- that we use to validate your identity, such as a driver’s license, passport or proof of residency document.
LEGAL BASIS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
HFZ relies upon a number of different legal bases for processing personal information and special category personal information – these include processing personal information where it is in our legitimate interests, where it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract or where the processing is necessary to carry out our obligations under law. HFZ relies on its legitimate interests, meaning that it uses personal information to run its business. HFZ only collects information that has been supplied voluntarily, you do not have to provide HFZ with personal information. However, if you do not provide HFZ with information it needs by law or requires to do work, HFZ may not be able to offer certain products and services.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
HFZ uses your personal information in compliance with all the relevant laws and may use it in one or more of the following ways:
- HFZ may use the personal information of tenants or other natural persons you have supplied us with to carry out work on your behalf.
- HFZ may use the contact information you supply to respond to your requests.
- HFZ may use identification verification documents to meet with regulatory and legal requirements to verify who you are as a condition of providing HFZ services.
- HFZ may use personal financial information to assess your eligibility for HFZ products and services.
- Where you give us consent, HFZ uses personal information to provide you with marketing and advertising about HFZ's services, you can opt out of this at any time from our marketing department email@example.com.
- Personal information may be used to inform you of services that may be of interest to you from HFZ.
- Personal information is used to make your online experience as smooth as possible – for example by setting cookies and tailoring what you see on the website.
- Personal information may be used to safeguard the security of our premises and those we maintain for third parties – for example through the use of CCTV.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
HFZ may share your personal information with:
- its employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Organizations that support the services we provide to you.
- Anyone you give us permission to share it with.
- Official bodies to detect and prevent criminal activity e.g. money laundering, theft, fraud, terrorism, cybercrime.
HFZ will not sell your personal information and we take steps to keep your details safe and secure.
STOPPING HFZ CONTACT
If you have provided us with consent to supply you with marketing and information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION RETENTION LOCATION
HFZ might transfer and store the information we collect from you outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed by staff or our suppliers outside the EEA. If we do this we aim to make sure the information is secure and properly protected.
HFZ is committed to maintaining the deployment of appropriate security to protect personal information wherever it is located, and whether it is in electronic or manual form. To do this HFZ may use a variety of mechanisms depending on the location of the information stored and the relationship between HFZ and any recipient.
Where applicable you may have the following rights over your personal information:
Request a copy
You can access the personal information HFZ is holding about you. To do so please contact us by email at email@example.com There is no charge for us providing this information.
Request us not use your information
If for any reason you do not want us to hold or use your information please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, HFZ may need to keep some of your information for legal and business reasons.
If you think the personal information we hold is wrong contact email@example.com and we will check and correct it if necessary HFZ is committed to holding personal information that is accurate and current.
Length of retention
HFZ will keep your information for as long as it is needed for legitimate business or legal reasons, and then it will be deleted. If you would like us to delete your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com If you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint, you can contact your Country Data Protection Authority if applicable at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov.
If you have any other questions about your personal information please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all enquiries not relating to your Personal Information please contact us at email@example.com.